The Sign of Lekwungen on Wharf Street – Fort Victoria
An imposing wooden fort, called Fort Camosun (later known as Fort Victoria), was built here by the Lekwungen men and women in exchange for trade goods. This marked a drastic change in traditional ways and traditional sustainable land use. A large forested area was destroyed to raise the fort.
- 1004 Wharf Street Victoria
- 10 Walk
- Distance From Downtown